Posted June 13, 2020
Dear Rival Family,
We hope this message finds you all healthy and safe. Here’s a quick update on what’s happening at Rival as of June 13, 2020.
As you probably know, King County is currently in “Phase 1.5”, which means that we are now allowed to do personal training at the gym. Those of you with personal training membership packages are now able to schedule time with your trainer. If you don’t currently have a personal training package and would like to purchase one, we are now offering a personal training 4-pack at our introductory rate of $260+ tax for one-on-one training, and $180+tax for partner training (each individual must purchase a package). For more information about personal training or to purchase a package, please email us.
Once we reach Phase 2, we will be able to open the gym for individual workouts and offer classes and Strength Squads once again. Because class sizes will be limited to up to five people, we are currently building a new class schedule that will allow us to best accommodate everyone. Stay tuned for more details.
We thank the many members who have filled out the survey we sent out a few weeks ago, and want you to know that we have listened to your feedback about creating a safe and comfortable environment when we can reopen. We are encouraged that many of you will be returning as soon as we’re able to open in Phase 2 and that you’re willing to be flexible with your schedule, a helpful effort that will allow everyone to workout.
Here’s what we’ve done and what we’re doing to respond to your feedback:
- We are meticulously preparing for you to come back into the gym as safely as possible. We’ve done extensive cleaning and disinfecting, created physical distancing procedures, adjusted sign-in procedures to be touchless, and added new sanitation stations.
- We have designated a COVID-19 Supervisor to monitor the health of employees and manage Rival’s safety plans
- We are replacing the water fountain with a new touchless bottle filler station (and we still have Rival water bottles available for those in need!)
- We are creating a reservation schedule for individual workouts in the gym that will allow you to pre-schedule a specific workout time and will allow us to control a maximum number of members in the gym at one time.
- As noted above, we are building a new class schedule that will be built around smaller class sizes, re-imagining circuit-type classes so that you are not moving from station to station, and adding new class times throughout the day to allow those of you who noted you have flexibility to work out during daytime hours.
- You can expect to receive the new schedule in the coming days and we are hoping that this new schedule will be able to begin in the next two weeks (pending Phase 2).
We will continue to rely on the Rival Fitness app to deliver more information to you. The Rival Fitness app will also become a key part of the new check-in process and where you will schedule your personal workout times. Therefore, if you have not downloaded the app, please do so before your first workout. Look for Rival Fitness Seattle on your app store.
We are so excited to welcome you back to the gym! If you have any questions about what’s next or what is being done in the gym, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
All the best,
Jim Mahan, owner