Posted June 24, 2020
Hello Rival Members!
We’re very excited to announce that with the advancement of King County into Phase 2, we are able to open our doors and welcome you back into the gym for individual workouts starting, Wednesday, June 24th.
Here’s how it will work:
1. Resume or restart your membership, which will become effective on July 1, 2020. All workouts between now and then are complementary. To confirm your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You will reserve a 55-minute time slot for your individual workout at your desired time. You will be able to do this 24 hours in advance.
- There will be 7 to 12 spaces per hour available to workout in the gym (depending on the day and time of day) to allow for proper distancing
- You will also be able to reserve a treadmill, elliptical or stair stepper
- Open hours through July 31st:
- 5:30am to 1pm & 4pm to 9pm Monday through Friday
- 8-2pm Saturday
- 8-2pm Sunday
3. Reservations can be made using your Rival Fitness app
- How to use the app:
- Select “classes”
- Select for the time you’d like to work out (labeled “Gym-Workout”)
- Hit “Book Class”
- Once you’ve reserved your time slot you will receive a text and email confirmation
4. Upon your arrival to the gym:
- Per State guidelines, masks must be worn at ALL TIMES inside the gym
- Disinfect hands using the wipes at the front door
- Come to the front desk to check-in (you will be asked if you had any symptoms of COVID -19)
- Front desk will scan the barcode on your Rival Fitness app (please have your phone out)
- You will be handed a cleaning towel with disinfectant spray bottle for your use (see cleaning notes below)
- You will proceed to the workout area
5. While working out on your own:
Do your best to stay at least 6 feet apart from other members
- Squat racks are spaced to allow distancing to happen
- If a piece of equipment is needed, communicate with other members so that distancing can occur
- Please wipe down equipment prior to use and after use (see cleaning notes below)
6. Please plan your workout to be completed within your 55-minute time slot so that members coming in after you can start on time. Please allow for extra time for cleaning (see below).
Please note the following new gym protocols:
- There will be no towel service at this time. Please bring your own towel to use during your workout.
- When you check-in you will be given a cleaning towel and spray bottle to use for cleaning ALL equipment that you use during your workout. Please be mindful of cleaning ALL surfaces of the bars, dumbbells, benches, plates, cuffs, and all functional training equipment.
- Please maintain a distance of six feet from other members when working out.
- Per State guidelines, masks will be required to be worn at all times inside the gym. We have masks and gloves available for use if you don’t have your own. All Rival team members will be wearing masks at all times.
- The water bottle filler is still being installed, so please bring water if you wish. We hope to have the water bottle filler installed this week.
- Restroom use is limited to two people at a time and using the lavatories and washing hands. No showers are available at this time.
- No lockers available
- If you answer yes to any of these questions, we ask that you please cancel your workout appointment and refrain from coming to the gym:
Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
Have you had a loss of taste or smell?
Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
NOTE: we are now offering a personal training 4-pack at our introductory rate of $260+ tax for one-on-one training, and $180+tax for partner training (each individual must purchase a package). For more information about personal training or to purchase a package, please email us.
We are still working on a revised class schedule and protocol and will let you know as soon as we have that available to roll-out.
Again, we’re very excited to see you all soon and appreciate everyone’s commitment to working together to ensure a clean and safe environment for everyone to enjoy. Please let us know if you have any questions.
**SUMMER STRENGTH SQUADS STARTING JULY 13TH **
Our Summer Strength Squad program will be starting on July 13th and will run for 8 weeks. Strength Squad is a progressive small group training program led by a personal trainer, designed to strengthen the entire body. We will be adding more Squads to the schedule during the summer season and it’s a great way to re-establish your workout regimen.
Click here for more information about Strength Squads. Sign-up and schedule information will be coming out shortly.